A slow-cooked, tender and juicy shredded pork are the best. This versatile, freeze-able dish is great for making quick meals later. This pulled pork is my favorite and one of my most-loved recipes. It’s easy to make, the slow cooker does all the work, and the result is delicious!
TENDER, MOIST MEAT – USE A SLOW COOKER
If you have a slow cooker, pulling pork is easy. Slow cooking retains all moisture and gradually breaks down connective tissue. The meat becomes so tender that it can be sliced with a fork. This is my favorite way of making pulled pork.
HOW TO USE CHILI-RUBBED PULLED PORK
You can use this delicious shredded meat in so many ways. You can use the pork in rice bowls or burritos, tacos or even on a bun. It’s great for adding protein to salads.
This makes a large batch. Keep some in the fridge for a week, and then freeze the rest. Divide the pulled pork into smaller portions. I usually freeze it in 1-2 cups portions. Then, chill it completely in the fridge overnight. Once the pork is completely cooled, transfer it to the freezer and freeze for three months. Any freezer-safe container will work.
CHILI RUBBED PULL PORK
Chili Rubbed Pulled Pork can be used in tacos and nachos and burritos and salads.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours
Total Time: 4 hours 10 minutes
- 3 lbs. 3 lbs.
- 2 Tbsp chili powder* ($0.60)
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika ($0.30)
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper ($0.02)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder ($0.05).
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder ($0.05).
- 1 teaspoon salt ($0.03)
- 1/4 tsp freshly cracked black pepper ($0.02)
- Combine the chili powder and smoked paprika with garlic powder, onion powder, and salt in a bowl.
- The pork butt should be cut into cubes of 2-3 inches. Put the pork cubes into a large bowl. Sprinkle the spice mix on top. Stir to coat the meat.
- Place the seasoned meat into a slow cooker. Cover the top with a lid and cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 8-9 hours.
- To shred the meat, use a fork after it has been cooked. If the meat is not tender enough to be stirred, cover it and continue cooking for 30 minutes more. Once the meat is shredded, you can use either portion it and freeze or refrigerate it until ready for use. Keep the shredded meat in its juices for the best flavor until you are ready to serve.
Serving: 0.5 Cup Calories = 434.52 Kilocalories Carbohydrates are 2.37 g Protein is 40.1 g Fat 28.6 G Sodium: 649.27mg Fiber: 1.42 grams