A tortilla pizza is an easy and delicious quick meal. This crispy crust makes it perfect for appetizers or dinner.
Fast food? Do you need fast food? A cheater pizza is the best option. It’s much faster than ordering delivery pizza. The Tortilla Pizza is a delicious and crispy option. This brilliant idea uses a tortilla to make the pizza crust, giving each bite a delicious crunch. We love naan and pita bread, so we decided to try it with a tortilla…which is even better! This is how to make the best crispy taco pizza. It’s great for quick appetizers, weeknight meals, and kid food.
Methods for tortilla pizza
What is the most important thing when making a pizza crust with a tortilla? The tortilla should be crispy. A crispy pizza is not what anyone wants. There are three types of tortilla pizza. Each one has its pros and cons. Here are the facts:
- The best way to make a tortilla pizza is with a pizza stone. It’s a piece of special equipment, but the pizza is the best. Here’s the pie stone that we have. Depending on the size of your stone and how large the tortillas are, you can make up to three tortilla pizzas on one stone.
- Single-serve cast iron skillet: Don’t have a pie stone? Make a tortilla pizza in a cast-iron skillet. This makes the tortilla pizza very crispy. Only problem? The only problem is that you can only make one at once.
- Oven grates: Tortilla pizza is great when cooked directly on the oven racks. Although it doesn’t turn out as crisp, this version tastes amazing. It is possible to cook multiple pizzas simultaneously, which makes it great for feeding a large family. To catch any drips, place a baking sheet under the oven.
Another important ingredient: A great pizza sauce
Have you chosen your method? To make a great tortilla pizza, the only trick is to use the following: Our 5 minute Homemade Pizza Sauce. The truth is that store-bought pizza sauce can be used in pinches. This homemade sauce will blow you away with its fresh, garlicky rich flavour. This sauce takes any pizza to the next level. It takes only 5 minutes to prepare, so don’t skimp!
- The entire process of making this pizza sauce is 5 minutes. You will need canned tomatoes, garlic and oregano, and olive oil. We have the entire recipe down pat. One bite of the blender will change your life.
- This recipe takes advantage of the magical flavour of fire-roasted tomatoes. These tomatoes have been roasted over an open flame to make them sweet right out of the can. You’ll never want to stop trying them.
Tortilla pizza topping ideas
Our favourite tortilla pizza flavour is Margherita. It’s a combination of fresh basil, Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses and a delicious pizza sauce. You can make this recipe any way you want! Keep this in mind: Keep the toppings small and simple. A tortilla is less strong than a regular crust. These flavour combinations can be scaled down to make personal-sized pizzas.
- Spinach Pizza
- Jalapeno Pizza
- White Pizza (Pizza Bianca)
- Truffle Pizza or Mushroom Pizza
- Spinach Artichoke Pizza (pick the artichokes finely!)
- Veggie Supreme Pizza
- Best Ever Taco Pizza
- Mediterranean Pizza
- Pesto Pizza
Is there a gluten-free option for tortilla pizza? Because of their strong flavours, we don’t recommend corn tortillas. There are many grain-free tortillas available that can work. Choose your favourite brand. The thicker the tortilla, the better. There are many options for Siete’s almond flour tortillas and cassava flour tortillas. We haven’t tested gluten-free tortilla pizzas, so please let us know if you have any suggestions.
- 8-inch flour tortillas* (the thicker, the better)
- 3/4 cup Homemade Pizza Sauce (required!)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Sprinkle with grated or shredded Parmesan cheese
- You can add toppings to your liking or chop them bite-sized (see below).
- Fresh basil for garnish (optional).
- Preheat the oven to 450° Fahrenheit using a pizza stone (or cast-iron skillet if necessary).
- Use the Homemade Pizza Sauce.
- Lightly brush each tortilla with olive oil. Each tortilla should be topped with 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella and 3 tablespoons of pizza sauce. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese, and season the tortillas with a pinch of salt. If desired, you can add additional chopped toppings in bite-sized pieces (but not basil).
- Use one of these methods to cook:
- Cast iron pan (crispiest) or pizza stone: You can place as many pizzas on the preheated pizza stones or one in the cast iron pan. Bake for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and is crispy.
- To catch drips, place the pizzas directly on the oven racks. Bake for 5-6 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese has melted.
- Sprinkle with fresh basil if desired. Cut into small pieces and serve.
*You can go gluten-free by using your favourite brand of gluten-free tortilla. Make sure it is as thick as you can. Corn tortillas are strong in flavour, so we don’t recommend them.