This Mexican cornbread recipe is a winner! It’s moist and sweet and filled with cheese, jalapeno and green onion.
Do you want to spice up your cornbread? This Mexican Style Cornbread is a great option! This crowd-pleasing recipe calls for green onion, red pepper, jalapeno peppers and Mexican-blend cheese. You will love it! It is moist and sweet. It is available here. It can be paired with chilli or black beans. Tacos and breakfast pan are also options. These are the secrets!
This Mexican cornbread recipe contains the following ingredients.
Mexican cornbread can be described as a Southwestern-style cornbread. It has jalapeno peppers and cheese. This isn’t authentic Mexican cuisine. It’s an American South spin-off that uses Mexican-style ingredients. Although some cornbread mixes can be purchased in a box, this recipe is the easiest and best. You can make your homemade cornbread. Here are the things you will need
- Yellow cornmeal
- All-purpose flour
- Granulated sugar
- Baking soda, baking powder, and salt
- Unsalted butter
- Mexican mix cheese
- Jalapeno pepper
- Bell pepper
- Green onion
While some Mexican cornbreads use creamed corn, we prefer cornbread that isn’t chunky. This recipe is perfectly moist and has the perfect zesty flavour from all the vegetables.
Is this cornbread spicy or mild?
No! No! This was a great choice for a 5-year-old who doesn’t like spicy food.
- How can you keep the spice levels low? Before adding the jalapeno pepper to the batter, remove the seeds. Take care not to cut the jalapeno pepper in any juices. Wash your hands immediately.
- You can make it spicy by adding the jalapeno seed to the cornbread.
Here are some ways to enjoy this Mexican cornbread
Mexican-style cornbread can be used with many different types of food, including taco nights and Southern-style or Tex Mex dishes. This cornbread is great for brunch or breakfast, and even Tex Mex brunch. Here are some ideas for how to serve it:
- With childlike chili, healthy chilli
- Tacos such as chickpea tacos and salmon tacos.
- With soup such as black beans soup or sweet potatoes soup
- Breakfast With Scrambled eggs
- Brunch With Breakfast Tacos and a Hearty Breakfast Skillet
- A simple meal made with black beans or fresh refried beans
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (or 1 for 1 gluten-free flour)
- 3 Tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 eggs
- 6 tablespoons unsalted Butter
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup Mexican mix cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced and seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red pepper
- 1 green onion, finely minced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Grease a 9” x 9” baking dish.
- Mix the flour, cornmeal and granulated sugar in a large bowl. Add the baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix the eggs, milk, and melted butter until you have a smooth dough. Fold in the shredded cheese and chopped jalapeno and bell pepper. Finally, fold in the minced green onions. Use a spatula to smoothen the batter onto the pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until puffy and a toothpick comes clean. Let cool, then cut into pieces and serve.