Although stuffed bell peppers are delicious, I find them awkward to eat. What if I could just put all the ingredients into a bowl and then eat it with my fork? I feel the same way about many foods, TBH. That’s what I did! These simple, unstuffed bell peppers can be prepared in one pan to make your (and my) life easy. #yesplease
CAULIFLOWER RICE CAN I BE USED INSTEAD OF WHITE RICE
This recipe calls for white rice, so you cannot substitute cauliflower rice. Cauliflower rice will release liquid while it cooks. White rice absorbs the liquid, so you’ll end with a stuffed pepper soup. This doesn’t sound too bad. However, you can use cauli rice without broth. This option will leave you with a lot less flavor.
CAN I FOLD UNSTUFFED BELL PEPPERS?
This recipe freezes well! After cooking, divide the skillet into individual portions and let them cool in the fridge before placing them in the freezer. They will keep it for three months in the freezer. Once they are frozen, you can heat them in the microwave right from the freezer.
TIPS TO MAKE ONE-POT ROICE DISHES
Cooking rice on the stovetop can prove difficult for some people. Adding other ingredients can make it even more challenging. These are some tips to ensure your rice cooks evenly and thoroughly.
- Cookware: You must use high-quality (thick, heavy) cookware to make this recipe work. Cookware that conducts heat evenly will cook evenly. The sides of the skillet will cook at the same rate as those directly above the flame. It might scorch in the middle if it is a thin skillet and leave the edges raw. A dutch oven, or heavy soup pot, would work well if you don’t own a skillet.
- Heat level: When cooking rice, make sure that the water is boiling at the right temperature. But don’t heat it too much. Could you bring everything to a boil once everything is in the pot? After that, reduce the heat to the lowest setting so that the rice remains at a simmer. This can vary depending on the stove you use and the cookware you use. You will need to adjust the heat according to what you hear and see in the pot. It will become easy once you master it.
- A burner should be about the same size as your skillet or pot. It would be best not to use a large bottomed skillet or pot over a small burner. The outside edges of the skillet or pot may not get enough heat to cook the rice.
UNSTUFFED BELL PEPPERS
All the ingredients and flavors of stuffed bell peppers can be prepared in one pan for a quick and easy meal. It’s UNstuffed Bell Peppers
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 clove of garlic ($0.08)
- 1 yellow onion (0.32)
- 2 bell peppers ($1.53)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil ($0.16)
- 1/2 lb. Ground beef ($2.85)
- 1 15oz. can diced tomatoes ($1.00)
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice ($0.62)
- 1 tsp dried Basil ($0.10)
- 1 tsp dried Oregano ($0.10)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper ($0.02)
- 1.5 cups beef broth (0.07)
- 1 8oz. can tomato sauce ($0.26)
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce ($0.01)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella ($0.85)
- 1 Tbsp chopped parsley (optional garnish). ($0.05
- Mince the garlic, and chop the bell pepper and onion.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil and ground beef. The beef should be browned on medium heat.
- Add the bell pepper, diced onion, minced garlic, and Basil to the skillet. Cook and stir the onions until soft.
- Next, add the diced tomatoes with juices, uncooked rice and beef broth. Could you give it a quick stir to combine?
- Turn the heat to medium-high and cover the skillet with a lid. Let the broth come to a boil. Turn the heat down to low once the broth has boiled. Let it simmer for another 15 minutes. Please turn off the heat after 15 minutes and allow it to cool for five more minutes.
- Mix the Worcestershire sauce and tomato sauce while the pot is still simmering.
- After the rice has steamed for five minutes, take off the lid. Fluff the rice with a fork and gently fold the ingredients together.
- Spread the tomato sauce on top. Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella on top. Then, place the lid back on top. Let the heat from your skillet melt the mozzarella. Sprinkle some chopped parsley over the top, and then serve.
Serving Size: 1.33 cups Calories: 320.53 Kcal Carbohydrates: 35.55 G Protein: 15.75g Fat 12.78 g Sodium: 646.32 mg Fiber: 3.88 g